IN-HOUSE COMPLIANCE TRAINING
These one-day sessions are held periodically at First Housing offices or another convenient location. We start at 9 a.m. and finish about 4 p.m. depending on the size of the group and the number of questions asked. It is best for a small group—generally no larger than 16 people. This type of training is extremely helpful in addressing many unresolved issues and developing ways to keep your property in compliance. A guidebook will be provided.
Please call Christa Landram or Kelly LeBarre today to register for your next training class or for answers to your questions about training needs – Toll free (800) 967-9410 or direct Christa (813) 319-2267, Kelly (813) 657-0157.
IN-HOUSE lihtc TRAINING & hccp eXAM
The HCCP (Housing Credit Certified Professional) is the nationally recognized designation that establishes the standard of excellence in program knowledge, expertise, and integrity for all areas of the affordable housing tax credit industry.
The HCCP is a specialized professional designation for developers, property managers, asset managers and others working in the affordable housing industry. It is also the industry benchmark for education, experience and ethical standards for Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) professionals and the premier nationally endorsed credential of its kind.
Once you earn your HCCP, you’re entitled to receive:
• A quarterly newsletter from The National Association of Home Builders complete with updates, tips, news from around the country regarding multifamily affordable housing & general information,
• Listing in the online HCCP directory.
• Continuing education opportunities, including regular webinars to help you keep current with regulatory developments.
• Opportunity to apply for the HCCP of the Year Award, a national recognition in the LIHTC industry.
• Access to an expanding network of HCCP professionals.
Eligibility Requirements for the HCCP designation:
• Minimum of two years’ experience in the LIHTC industry, where you have spent at least 50% of your time specifically working on LIHTC programs and issues
• Ten hours of Low Income Housing Tax Credit training
• Adherence to the HCCP Code of Ethics
• Passing the HCCP Exam (offered separately for a fee of $100 or buy the LIHTC Training & the HCCP Exam as a package for $525)
Refund Policy: First Housing University will issue a refund for any cancellation requested in writing 30 days prior to the HCCP event. Cancellations requested within 30 days of the event are non-refundable; however a credit may be transferred to another individual within the organization for the same event date.
If you have any questions about the course itself, the exam, payment, or registration, please contact an LIHTC Specialist at (813) 281-0983. For the latest class schedule, be sure to visit First Housing University at www.firsthousingu.com
IN-HOUSE DAVIS-BACON & SECTION 3 TRAINING
These three-day sessions are held periodically at First Housing or another convenient location. This type of training is geared toward Developers, General Contractors and Sub-Contractors who participate on Federally Assisted Projects that require Davis Bacon. Training materials will be provided. The following topics are covered:
• Contracts and Contract files
• Wages, Classifications, Fringe Benefits
• Proper Completion of Payrolls
• Inspections and Employee Interviews
• What is Section 3
• Reporting Requirements for Section 3
• Additional Contract and Contract File Requirements for Section 3
• Most Common Errors and Compliance Issues
Please call Tricia Gallagher or Angi Darling today to register for your next training class or for answers to your questions about training needs – Toll free (800) 967-9410 or direct Tricia (813) 283-1020, Angi (813) 319-2271.